SATURDAY 20TH NOVEMBER
10am - 3.30pm (with a short break for lunch)
In this workshop you will make you own made-to-measure Harris Tweed beret, baker boy hat, trilby, cloche, or bucket hat with a Paisley Pattern print cotton lining, from start to finish - you can choose from a selection of Harris tweed colours for the hat, detail and button, and also choose from headsizes, and lining colours.
Harris Tweed is an iconic traditional wool fabric hand made on the Scottish islands of Harris and Lewis.
Examples shown in the photos:
IMAGE 2 :
BERET: Main hat colour = grey, Detail colour = grey/black herringbone, Button = black leather.
BAKER BOY CAP: Main hat colour = teal/blue multi weave, Detail colour (under-peak) = teal, Button = teal.
IMAGE 3 :
TRILBY: Main hat colour = houndstooth, Detail colour (under-brim) = grey, Button = bordeaux leather.
BUCKET HAT: Main hat colour = berry red, Detail colour (under-brim) = orange, Button = pink/orange herringbone.
IMAGE 4 :
CLOCHE: Main hat colour = charcoal, Detail colour (under-brim) = multicloured, Button = teal.
CLOCHE CAP: Main hat colour = pale green, Detail colour (under-peak) = pale green, Button = dark green leather.
This is a live Zoom workshop enabling you to enjoy being part of a small group learning together, no matter where you are in the world. The workshop is lead by Sally who will be constantly on hand to offer guidance and support.
ALL ZOOM WORKSHOP PLACES MUST BE PURCHASED AT LEAST 7 DAYS (UK) AND 10 DAYS (worldwide) BEFORE THE DATES OF THE WORKSHOP - this is to allow for preparation of your colour choices of materials and shipping of these to you in time for the workshop.
Main hat colour = the hat.
Detail colour -
Beret = band around the bottom,
Baker Boy = over or under peak (it is the same shape of fabric for each).
Trilby = over-brim or under-brim (it is the same shape of fabric for each)
Bucket Hat = over-brim or under-brim (it is the same shape of fabric for each).
Cloche = over-peak or under-peak (it is the same shape of fabric for each)
Cloche Cap = over-brim or under-brim (these are differently shaped pieces so please write your choice in the NOTES section).
Button colour - choose from Harris Tweed or soft nappa leather.
If you have any special colour requests - please ASK SALLY
INCLUDED (tuition, materials and use of equipment):
Cost includes tuition and all the materials you need to complete your hat.
WHAT YOU NEED AT HOME:
You should ensure you know how to use Zoom before the workshop.
Access to a sewing machine - with a regular foot and a zipper foot.
Sewing machine needles - size 14 or 16.
Thread to match your Harris Tweed - preferably cotton thread.
Access to a steam iron.
A seam ripper/quick-unpick (hopefully you won't need it!)
* Feel free to add any trimmings or embellishment you may have at home.
You should be able to use a sewing machine - straight stitch (forwards and backwards).
Hand sewing - running stitch, slip stitch, sewing on a button.
You will be emailed a Booking Confirmation, and any other relevant details.
A pack of materials in your colour choices, will be sent out to you in advance of the workshop.
The Zoom link and passcode will also be sent out in advance of the workshop.
If you have any queries, please CONTACT SALLY
All course places can be given as Christmas presents or gifts - simply request a gift card in the NOTES box and give us the name and email address of the recipient, and a gift card with all the details will be sent to you, to then give to the recipient.
For Zoom workshops - colour choices have to be made in advance of the workshop so you may wish to buy a Workshop Gift Voucher instead.
WORKSHOP GIFT VOUCHERS:
This workshop can be purchased in the form of a voucher HERE allowing the recipient to make the colour choices themselves and choose the date of the workshop they'd like to attend.
* You are not permitted to record the workshop.
*online workshop - HARRIS TWEED HATS - SAT 20th NOV
- All workshops and courses require full payment in advance to confirm your place.
- We understand that sometimes circumstances can change, if you need to change a booking date - we will try to be as flexible as we can in rescheduling your booking to another workshop date, subject to availability.
- Due to the very limited number of places available at our workshops, and the fact that materials are ordered, prepared, and sent out to you in advance of the workshop the following Cancellation Policy clause applies to this particular course:
- Cancellations made up to 72 hours in advance of the start of the workshop will receive a refund minus a fee of £20 to cover admin. as long as the kit of materials is returned to us unused and undamaged within 1 week of cancellation. The materials must be returned at the customer's own expense. If the materials are not returned within 1 week of cancellation - no refund will be given.
- If cancellations are made less than 72 hours before the start of the workshop, you will not be entitled to a refund and will not be expected to return the materials.
- No refunds can be given for failed attendance due to holidays, personal sickness or external circumstances, but we are happy to reschedule your booking to another date – should you fail to attend on the new scheduled date – no refund will be given.
- In the unlikely event we have to cancel or postpone a workshop due to unavoidable circumstances or if we are unable to meet the minimum number of participants needed to run the workshop, we will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible. We will refund the full workshop fee or transfer your booking to another workshop of the same price, space permitting. However, we cannot accept responsibility for any other costs or expenses you may incur.
All guests must make sure that their contact information is correct at the time of booking as we are not be responsible if you do not receive information sent to you as a result of incorrect contact details given at the time of booking.
**All items made at our workshops are intended for personal use only and not for any kind of commercial use or re-sale.