SUNDAY 25TH APRIL 2021
10am - 1pm
This half-day workshop is an introduction to the art of millinery.
You will learn how to work with sinamay (a type of fine weave straw) - choose from a wide selection of sinamay colours and different colours of feathers, to design and create your own unique headpiece to your own design. You will learn how to manipulate the materials to create different designs, and how to trim feathers to shape.
This is a live Zoom workshop enabling you to enjoy being part of a small group learning together, no matter where you are in the world. The workshop is lead by Sally who will be constantly on hand to offer guidance and support.
A pack of materials will be sent out to you in advance of the workshop - please ensure you book as far in advance as possible to allow time for the materials to reach you by post.
The Zoom link and passcode will also be sent out in advance of the workshop.
All materials and tuition are included in the cost.
WHAT YOU NEED AT HOME:
You should ensure you know how to use Zoom before the workshop.
Access to a steam iron.
No experience required, but you will need some basic hand sewing skills (how to start and finish hand sewing, running stitch, and back stitch).
* Feel free to use any additional fabrics or trimmings you may have at home.
* Upon booking - you will be emailed a Booking Confirmation, and any other relevant details.
* The Zoom meeting ID and passcode will be emailed nearer the time.
If you have any queries, please CONTACT SALLY
* All course places can be given as Christmas presents or gifts - simply request a gift card in the NOTES box and give us the name and email address of the recipient, and a gift card with all the details will be sent to you, to then give to the recipient.
* You are not permitted to record the workshop.
*online workshop - FASCINATORS / HEADPIECES : Sun 25th April 2021
- All workshops and courses require full payment in advance to confirm your place.
- We understand that sometimes circumstances can change, if you need to change a booking date - we will try to be as flexible as we can in rescheduling your booking to another workshop date, subject to availability.
- Due to the very limited number of places available at our workshops, and the fact that materials are ordered, prepared, and sent out to you in advance of the workshop the following Cancellation Policy clause applies to this particular course:
- Cancellations made up to 72 hours in advance of the start of the workshop will receive a refund minus a fee of £20 to cover admin. as long as the kit of materials is returned to us unused and undamaged within 1 week of cancellation. The materials must be returned at the customer's own expense. If the materials are not returned within 1 week of cancellation - an additional charge of £20 will be retained from your refund.
- If cancellations are made less than 72 hours before the start of the workshop, you will not be entitled to a refund and will not be expected to return the materials.
- No refunds can be given for failed attendance due to holidays, personal sickness or external circumstances, but we are happy to reschedule your booking to another date – should you fail to attend on the new scheduled date – no refund will be given.
- In the unlikely event we have to cancel or postpone a workshop due to unavoidable circumstances or if we are unable to meet the minimum number of participants needed to run the workshop, we will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible. We will refund the full workshop fee or transfer your booking to another workshop of the same price, space permitting. However, we cannot accept responsibility for any other costs or expenses you may incur. All guests must make sure that their contact information is correct at the time of booking as we are not be responsible if you do not receive information sent to you as a result of incorrect contact details given at the time of booking.
**All items made at our workshops are intended for personal use only and not for any kind of commercial use or re-sale.
Your choices of fabrics will be cut out and prepared for you and shipped to you within 48 hours of receipt of your order (excluding Saturday and Sunday).
FREE SHIPPING : All materials kits are sent out by Royal Mail 1st Class Post within the UK (not Special Delivery as it may say at checkout) - there is no charge for postage.
Please allow for additional time for shipping.