7TH AND 8TH MARCH 2020
This course is an introduction to the art of millinery, this a 2-DAY COURSE and runs over a Saturday and Sunday from 10am until 4pm each day.
Learn how to design and create your own made-to-measure hat :– steaming, stitching and wiring, and then trim it and wear it!
*This course offers the choice of making your hat from wioolfelt or parisisal straw.*
You can choose from a large selection of styles to make: you could make yourself a small brimless hat such as a smartie, pillbox or perching hat, or maybe a brimmed hat such as fedora, trilby, cloche etc....
There will be enough time to make a brimless hat with an elaborate trimming, or a brimmed hat with a simple hatband/trim.
No experience required, but you will need some basic hand sewing skills ( running stitch, back stitch, slip stitch). If you have a weakness or impairment in the hands, wrists and/or arms you will probably find this workshop physically challenging - please ask for further information if this applies to you.
INCLUDED (tuition, materials and use of equipment):
Cost includes tuition and use of equipment, a woolfelt in a colour of your choice, wire, and petersham ribbon in the colour/s of your choice for the headfitting. Brimless hats include feathers to incorporate into a trimming, for brimmed hats peterhsam ribbon is included to make a simple hatband to complete your hat. You don’t need to bring anything!
ALSO INCLUDED (refreshments and lunch):
Activities are fuelled by tea and biscuits from vintage teacups and saucers,
A light lunch is provided on both days ** please inform us in advance of any dietary requirements or allergies and we will do our best to accommodate this – you can also bring your own lunch if you prefer.
* Feel free to bring along any fabrics or trimmings you may want to use, or you can purchase trimmings/feathers at the workshop.
* Feel free to bring any additional snacks/sandwiches with you.
** Your woolfelt will be ordered especially for you in advance of the workshop - so have a look at the woolfelt colour chart to choose the colour you want and write the colour in the NOTES box.
Colours marked with ** are not available for this course.
(If you have chosen to make your hat from parisisal straw - you will be emailed a colour chart after booking)
Upon booking - you will be emailed a Booking Confirmation, location map, and any other relevant details.
If you have any queries, please contact Sally
* All course places can be given as Christmas presents or gifts - simply request a gift card in the NOTES box and give us the name and email address of the recipient, and a gift card with all the details will be sent to you, to then give to the recipient.
BEGINNER'S MILLINERY - FELT or STRAW HATS : 7/8 MARCH 2020
- All workshops and courses require full payment in advance to confirm your place.
- All payments are by Paypal (you do not need a Paypal account).
- We understand that sometimes circumstances can change, if you need to change a booking- we will try to be as flexible as we can in rescheduling your booking to another workshop date, subject to availability.
- Due to the very limited number of places available at our workshops, and the fact that materials are ordered in advance of the workshop the following Cancellation Policy clause applies to this particular course:
- Cancellations made more than 7 days in advance of the start of the workshop will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made 7 days before and up to 48 hours in advance of the start of the workshop will receive a full refund minus a charge of £30 to cover materials and admin.
- If cancellations are made less than 48 hours before the workshop, the workshop fee will only be refunded if your place can be filled by someone else. As a courtesy, we will place your cancelled booking back up on our website and we will also put the word out to our Courses Mailing List by email. If the place cannot be filled, you will not be refunded.
- Of course, if you're unable to attend, we are happy for you to send a friend or colleague in your place, just let us know their name, phone number and email address in advance of the workshop.
- In the unlikely event we have to cancel or postpone a workshop due to unavoidable circumstances or if we are unable to meet the minimum number of participants needed to run the workshop, we will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible. We will happily refund the full workshop fee or transfer your booking to another workshop of the same price, space permitting. However, we cannot accept responsibility for any other costs or expenses you may incur.
**All items made at our workshops are intended for personal use only and not for any kind of commercial use or re-sale.