SUNDAY 24th APRIL 2022
Studio workshop - places are strictly limited.
10am until 1pm
This half-day workshop is an introduction to the art of millinery.
You will learn how to work with sinamay (a type of fine weave straw), feathers, and veiling (optional), to create a headpiece you would be proud to wear to any occasion.
Choose from a wide selection of sinamay colours and different types of feathers, to design and create your own unique headpiece to your own design. You will learn how to manipulate the materials to create different designs, and how to trim feathers to shape.
No experience required, but you will need some basic hand sewing skills (how to start and finish hand sewing, running stitch, and back stitch).
The workshop is held in our gallery at the studios with lots of space to be creative, surrounded by inspiring works of art.... and hats!
All materials, equipment and tuition are included in the cost.
You don’t need to bring anything!
Beginners: You don't need any previous experience.
Hand sewing - running stitch, slip stitch, sewing on a button.
You will be emailed a Booking Confirmation, and any other relevant details.
If you have any queries, please CONTACT SALLY
All course places can be given as Christmas presents or gifts - simply request a gift card in the NOTES box and give us the name and email address of the recipient, and a gift card with all the details will be sent to you, to then give to the recipient.
For Zoom workshops - colour choices have to be made in advance of the workshop so you may wish to buy a Workshop Gift Voucher instead.
WORKSHOP GIFT VOUCHERS:
This workshop can be purchased in the form of a voucher HERE allowing the recipient to make the colour choices themselves and choose the date of the workshop they'd like to attend.
FASCINATOR / HEADPIECE studio workshop - SUN 24th APRIL 2022
- All workshops and courses require full payment in advance to confirm your place.
- We understand that sometimes circumstances can change, if you need to change a booking- we will try to be as flexible as we can in rescheduling your booking to another workshop date, subject to availability.
- Due to the very limited number of places available at our workshops at the studio, cancellations MUST be made a minimum of at least 72 hours in advance, cancellations made more than 72 hours in advance will receive a full refund.
If cancellations are made less than 72 hours before the workshop, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Of course, if you're unable to attend, we are happy for you to send a friend or colleague in your place, just let us know their name, phone number and email address in advance of the workshop.
- No refunds can be given for failed attendance due to holidays, personal sickness or external circumstances, but we are happy to reschedule your booking to another date – should you fail to attend on the new scheduled date – no refund will be given.
- In the unlikely event we have to cancel or postpone a workshop due to unavoidable circumstances or if we are unable to meet the minimum number of participants needed to run the workshop, we will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible. We will happily refund the full workshop fee or transfer your booking to another workshop of the same price, space permitting. However, we cannot accept responsibility for any other costs or expenses you may incur.
All guests must make sure that their contact information is correct at the time of booking as we are not be responsible if you do not receive information sent to you as a result of incorrect contact details given at the time of booking.
**All items made at our workshops are intended for personal use only and not for any kind of commercial use or re-sale.
We look forward to welcoming you to our workshops and would like to draw your attention to the following measure we have in place to keep you and us safe:
You will be asked to take a lateral flow Covid-19 test and share your result with Sally the day before the workshop (she will do the same in return).
All participants to our workshops and courses must wear a face mask or face covering. Sally will also be wearing a face covering.
You will be asked to wash your hands before commencing the workshop, as will Sally.
If you, or someone else in your household, or someone you have been in contact with, has any Covid symptoms or has been told to self-isolate - do not attend the workshop.
Our workshops are being held in our 2nd floor gallery space - which is a large space with plenty of room for 2 metre social distancing. Everyone will work at a seperate table 2 metres from the next person. Sally will also be maintaing a 2 metre distance from each participant.
Each workshop will have a maximum of 3 participants until further notice.
Your table and tools will be cleaned before your arrival and we will be asking everyone not to share tools, or touch materials that they do not intend to use.
There are hand santiser stations inside the front door of the building, on each corridor, in every toilet cubicle and every kitchen, and on your worktable, and you are encouraged to use these regularly.
Hand santiser will also be available readily available at, and during, the workshop.
Due to open windows and air flow - please wear warm clothing.